6.18.2010

The Best Damn Coleslaw Period

Now, I'm a southern gal, tried and true, so the only coleslaw I've ever known is cold and creamy, packed with full fat flavored mayonnaise and sugar.  I won't lie, I love it, but I am extremely picky and generally will only eat it if it's made by my grandmother.  I was a little timid in trying this new fangled coleslaw, which is vinegar based, no mayo, and made with Splenda, but once I started, I couldn't stop. I thought I'd share the recipe!

Paulie's Chinese Coleslaw

1 package of tricolor coleslaw mix
1 package of slivered almonds
1 package of Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles
3 green onions, sliced
3 packets of Splenda
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tbsp of pepper

Crush the Ramen Noodles before you open the package as much as you can.

In a large mixing bowl or tupperware, combine coleslaw mix, almonds, green onions, and the Ramen (noodles only, not the mix).  In a seperate small bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, Splenda, pepper, and the chicken flavor from the Ramen package, and whisk.  Pour over the coleslaw mix and stir.  Chill for 20 minutes.  Yes, the noodles will soften :)  This was my first question, too!


Sorry for the craptastic Blackberry phone pic.

Yum in the tum folks!  You can add chicken, shrimp, fish, just about anything you like. 
xoxo-
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment