10.17.2012

Under the Trees

When I was a kid in North Carolina, I would always beg my mother to take the scenic route any time we would head to the neighboring city that had a mall, restaurants, etc. Instead of taking the highway, I always wanted to go "under the trees" which was basically a long stretch of road with huge oak trees that made an arch over top the road.  I was kind of like a tunnel and I would roll the window down and enjoy the feeling.  I had forgotten about it until I saw these pics and I wonder what it looks like now.  Maybe I will take the scenic route next time I'm home.  It never hurts to slow down a bit.












Sweater: J.Crew Tippi Sweater in Heart Me (last seen here), color n.l.a. but here is another pretty color combo
Blouse: old, but similar here for $27
Bag: Tory Burch Anlsy Clutch, old but new version here
Heels: Franco Sarto via TJ Maxx
Necklaces: J.Crew, West Avenue Monogram Necklace via Max and Chloe
Bracelet: J.Crew Classic Pave' Link Bracelet, vintage Hermes Kelly Bangle
Ring: YSL Arty

Are y'all impressed that I left my house for photos?? :)  Baby steps...



8 comments:

  1. Love everything about this. Love those pants and sweater! Beautiful!

    xo Emily
    www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah-

    I have same sweater and again like this combo as I have been searching for burgundy skinny jeans!! This may be a great choice. It pairs nicely with Heart Me sweater:) you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! I actually considered returning this sweater because I felt like it was a one trick pony. I'm glad I didn't. I see a plaid shirt in it's future... :)

      Delete
  3. That's funny you should mention a plaid shirt under sweater...I wore the sweater with an older J Crew Plaid button down a couple weeks ago. There is actually a pic of me wearing said combination on my instagram. Looks cute with the plaid! Are you on instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! I need to be! You are the 10,000th person to ask me if I am. I guess I better get in with the cool kids and start one. I love this sweater with a plaid shirt. It's one of my favorite looks!

      xx-
      sarah

      Delete
  4. OMG I wore my heart sweater on the blog yesterday! Mine's pink!! I love the way you paired the blue with those gorgeous jeans! I also love the layered necklaces over the sweater!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! I can't get enough of this sweater. I haven't quite jumped onto the cat sweater trend that seems to be lurking, not really my thing, but I love this little thing!
      xx-
      sarah

      Delete