10.12.2012

Wild One

I was totally stoked when J.Crew Factory came out with a dress in the wildcat print.  I missed it at retail and kicked myself for not making the purchase when I could.  I had this exact outfit in mind: print dress, tartan plaid button down underneath.  The shirt that I had in mind was nowhere to be found, but I found this men's extra small hanging out all by it's lonesome on the sale rack.  $15, don't mind if I do.  

I do this rather often... Get an outfit idea stuck in my head only to get frustrated because I can't find the exact pieces I want.  I actually woke up this morning with an outfit idea, but, thank goodness, I have all three pieces.  Guess you'll be seeing that soon!

Also, a shout out to my best friend, whose psychoses and neuroses got me this bag for my birthday.  This crazy B had overheard me saying that I had missed the boat on the Eat Cake for Breakfast bag and wished that I would have bought one.  She called each and every Kate Spade boutique in the country, even after the first twelve told her there were no bags left in the computer, and her last call found this puppy somewhere in the wild blue yonder.  That is dedication, folks.

I also wanted to mention how much you guys mean to me.  I've had an outpouring of emails, comments, questions, etc. in the past couple weeks and am definitely feeling the love.  It certainly keeps me going creatively and emotionally, because, those of us who blog know how emotional it can be.  It's like having a second relationship (if you are in one), or a high maintenance boyfriend, but it's totally worth it.









Dress: J.Crew Factory (in store only) but this one from Target is so cute for $27.99!!
Shirt: J.Crew Factory, no longer avail. but this one is cuter
Bag: Kate Spade, no longer avail. check ebay!!
Necklace: J.Crew, no longer avail. but here's one on ebay
Bracelets: vintage Hermes, J.Crew
Ring: F21



14 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! I want this entire outfit and may copy you in the near future ;) And how thoughtful of your friend. I try really hard to pay attention like that and make sure I write a gift idea down so I don't forget it! Have a great weekend doll! xx, Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Go for it! I am totally in love with it :)

      xx-
      sarah

      Delete
  2. Love the plaid with wildcat! Fabulous. And seriously, hang on to that girlfriend! What a doll. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove this!! Wish J crew factory still had dress :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it last week and visiting two JCF's this weekend. Both had it. I know it's not available online. If you want it, you may be able to call the store and have them ship it They had several at the Grapevine Mills store. Good luck!!

      xx-
      sarah

      Delete
    2. OMG! I may need to call. Would you mind me asking about the sizing? Hard for me without trying on :) Thanks so much for the info above too!!

      --Carla

      Delete
    3. It was marked down from $135 to $64.99, just FYI. I am wearing a size 0 and the fit is straight throughout the entire body. It fits pretty lose, but it's a bit on the short side for a more conservative or taller person (I am neither, sadly). My girlfriend went with me and she is about 5'9' and it was way too short on her to feel comfortable. Let me know if I missed anything.

      Delete
  4. Your info very helpful! I'm torn on size-I am generally a 4 in pants but usually need a 6 in a dress if it has no give I am approx 5' 6... I actually was looking at the length on you ( are you similar height)? So hard when I don't have close access to try on! Sorry for all the questions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 5"6', as well. In J.Crew, I usually wear a 2 in pants and a 26 in jeans. I generally get a 2 in dresses, so they won't be tight on my butt or pull across the front, but this one was so loose that I got the zero. If you are generally a 6 in the dress, I would go with a 4, or you could always get a six and have it tailored.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all your help Sarah! I have close access to a JCREW store but not a Factory Store (about an hour away):(

      Delete
  5. I, too, have been obsessing about this print since last year's regular J.Crew store dress. I picked up the shirt version of the print at an out-of-town Factory store a few weeks ago and I've been trying to come up with some creative ways to wear it. I LOVE the plaid layering idea - thanks for the inspiring this new-to-animal-print-wearer to step out of the box!

    Cheers!
    Michele
    (www.thesaltyhanger.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete