1.14.2013

Tag Team Back Again

Check it, direct it, lets begin!  Y'all know you love you some Whoomp There It Is, don't play.  That's the exact song that popped into my head as I purchased my replacement camera lens yesterday.  So, I'm back in full effect.  Okay, enough old school rap.  What new with y'all?

I've been crazy busy working on my house and trying to come up with some new outfits for the blog, but it's tough getting dressed during winter time.  I find myself wanting to wear the same old thing, over and over.  I just want to be warm.  For those of you who are outside of Texas who think I'm being a huge baby, let me tell you, it gets cold here.  Not frozen tundra cold, but pretty damn cold, and we have been on a streak of 30 degree weather for a good couple weeks now.  The dogs don't even want to go outside and it's tough getting me out there, I'll be honest.

I was brave enough today to wear tights instead of pants to the office.  I'm not really into tights.  They aren't the most comfortable things in the world, but for a girl who loves to wear skirts and dresses year round, they are sometimes a necessary evil.  

Anyways, I'm happy to be back and will try my hardest to get some good cold weather outfits to you in the coming weeks.  









Vest: Target old, but similar
Skirt: Zara, old
Tights: Target
Bracelets: Kate Spade, Stella & Dot Renegade Cluster Bracelet, J.Crew Class Pave' Link Banana Republic

xoxo,
sarah






13 comments:

  1. Yayyyy you're back! I feel you on the tights, but a skirt girl's gotta do what a skirt girl's gotta do. Love the red clutch with this.

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister. I was laying in bed last night after wearing tights a full 12 hour work day and I could still feel them squeezing my stomach after I had taken them off. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the color of that blouse on you! (And, hair tutorial, please!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one of my favorite pieces! I will never let it go :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you are back! I feel ya sister...very cold on east coast and I HATE it. Losing my motivation to get nicely dressed. I just want to be warm and comfortable. I need some sun. My early morning gym ventures are tough for me lately as it is dark and cold when I wake up...ugh bring on the sun!!!

    As always you look great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, I can't wait for it to be summer again. Then I can bitch about the heat! Good to hear from you, doll!

      Delete
  4. Love this mix Sarah! The pops of red and the yellow are perfect punches of color for winter. I hate getting looks ready for the winter too! I just want to be in big sweaters and warm clothing which is not very fashionable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that vest! I have been on the lookout for one but have not had any luck yet. I totally know how you feel about not wanting to get dressed and wearing the same things over and over!

    xo, Amy
    itwasloveat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking! They are all on sale by now and you will run across one for $10 and get pee-pants excited!!

      Delete
  6. What are your thoughts on fur vests to work? I found one after Thanksgiving and have only had 2 opportunities to wear it outside of work. I'm a Property Manager and our dress is business casual, only dark denim on Fridays kind of place. Any input is appreciated! :) Oh, I live in Austin, Tx...something to consider too.

    ReplyDelete